- how your life would be different someday
- that you might not appreciate the freedom you currently have until you don’t have it on a daily basis
- that you will someday be “older”…your skin will change, your body will betray you, you may not sleep as well, you might not see or hear as well, and not remember as much
- that you may be a caregiver for a family member
- that you will learn to be alone well
- that you will learn to deal with isolation
- that self care is absolutely essential and primary to the care of your loved ones AND yourself
- that you MUST continue as much of your ‘normal’ life while in your new role in life
- that you MUST choose to be peaceful, happy and making choices that benefit your life…daily
- that you matter and that others really do not know what you are dealing with in your life
- that you do not always know what others are dealing with in their lives
- that you are not the center of the universe…but…
- that you DO matter
- that your needs are important
- be wise and choose wisely
- that it’s okay to ask for help
- that you can have a “you” day and you must…
And, it’s perfectly acceptable to say “no” to the excessive demands that prevail in the world around you because you simply cannot do everything all the time.
DO NOT allow others to predicate your existence, to usurp your joy, your energy, your self respect, your choices, to disrespect your choices, and not ask permission to invade your life.
Decades of life teaches you so many things, but you should not have to wait until you are almost dead to find these things out.
Own your livelihood, without possessing and presenting entitlement.
Be humble and kind.
But, own yourself. And, if you’ve suffered the indecencies of others, stop it! now!
Be “mad as hell, and don’t take it any longer”